Are you a special education professional who loves to write? Want to share your stories with your colleagues?
CEC is searching for members to chronicle their teaching experiences on Reality 101, CEC's popular blog for new teachers. With Reality 101 acting as your online journal, your stories will give readers a chance to get to know you, offer advice, cheer you on, and share their own stories.
Apply today! Deadline: June 25.
- Be CEC members in good standing and maintain their membership through at least July 2013.
- Be special education professionals with three or fewer years experience in the field. Students engaged in ongoing field experience are also eligible.
- Have the permission of their school principal or other supervisor (see Section B of the application).
- We are also searching for bloggers from other perspectives. If you have over three years experience and which to share your advice and knowledge with new teachers, please submit an application today!
CEC is looking for:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of blogs and other forms of social media.
- Proof of excellent writing skills.
- Creativity and enthusiasm.
Bloggers will be expected to:
- Write concise (approximately 500 words) and compelling entries about their experiences as new special educators. Blog posts should follow CEC style guidelines, use person-first language, and are subject to editing by CEC staff.
- Contribute consistently (at least twice per month) from August 2012 through July 2013 and adhere to a pre-established publication schedule. Estimated time commitment is four (4) hours per month.
Each blogger will receive:
- Complimentary one-year CEC Professional-level membership.
- $50 gift certificate for use toward CEC products and professional development.
Please contact Andrea Elkin at CEC Headquarters: [email protected] or 703-264-9481.